1. U. Raviv, R. Tadmor, and J. Klein, “Shear and frictional Interactions between adsorbed polymer Layers is a Good Solvent”, J. Phys. Chem. B, 105, 8125-8134, 2001.
2. U. Raviv, P. Laurat, and J. Klein, “Fluidity of water confined to sub-nanometer gaps”, Nature, 413, 51-54, 2001.
3. U. Raviv, P. Laurat, and J. Klein, “Time-dependent forces between mica surfaces in water and its relation to the release of surface ions”, J. Chem. Phys., 116, 5167-5172, 2002.
4. U. Raviv and J. Klein, “Fluidity of bound hydration layers”, Science, 297, 1540-1543, 2002.
5. U. Raviv, J. Frey R. Sak, P. Laurat, R. Tadmor, and J. Klein, “Properties and Interactions of physigrafted end-functionalized Poly(ethylene glycol) layers”, Langmuir,18, 7482-7495, 2002.
6. U. Raviv, S. Giasson, J. Frey, and J. Klein, “Viscosity of ultra-thin water films confined between hydrophobic or hydrophilic surfaces”, J. Phys. Cond. Matt., 14, 9275-9283, 2002.
7. U. Raviv and J. Klein, “Healing of adsorbed polymer layer in a narrow gap following removal by shear”, Polym. Adv. Technol., 13, 1032-1038, 2002.
8. a. U. Raviv, J. Klein, and T.A. Witten “The polymer mat: Arrested rebound of a compressed polymer layer”, Euro. Phys. J. E, 9, 405-412, 2002.
b. U. Raviv, J. Klein, and T.A. Witten, “Raviv at al. respond”, Euro. Phys. J. E., 9, 425-426, 2002.
9. U. Raviv, S. Giasson, N. Kampf, J.F. Gohy, R. Jérôme, and J. Klein, “Lubrication by Charged polymers”, Nature, 425, 163-165, 2003.
10. N. Kampf, U. Raviv, and J. Klein, “Normal and Shear Forces between Adsorbed and Gelled Layers of Chitosan, a Naturally Occurring Cationic Polyelectrolyte”, Macromolecules, 37, 1134-1142 2004.
11. U. Raviv, S. Perkin, P. Laurat, and J. Klein, “Fluidity of water confined down to sub-nanometer films”, Langmuir, 20, 5322-5332, 2004.
12. U. Raviv, N. Kampf, and J. Klein, “The Implication of 'Jump-in' for the Shear Viscosity of Ultra Thin Liquid Films”, in 'Dynamics and friction in Submicrometer confining systems', Eds. Y. Braiman, J.M. Drake, F. Family, J. Klafter; ACS Symposium Series, 882, (Oxford University Press), Washington, 131-138, 2004.
13. D.J. Needleman, M.A. Ojeda-Lopez, U. Raviv, K. Ewert, J.B. Jones, H.P. Miller, L. Wilson, and C.R. Safinya, “Synchrotron X-ray Diffraction Study of Microtubules Buckling and Bundling under Osmotic Stress: A Probe of Interprotofilament Interactions”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 198104-1, 2004.
14. D.J. Needleman, M.A. Ojeda-Lopez, U. Raviv, H.P. Miller, L. Wilson, and C.R. Safinya, “Higher-order Assembly of Microtubules by Counterions: From Hexagonal Bundles to Living Necklaces”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA., 101, 16099-16103, 2004.
15. J. Klein, U. Raviv, S. Perkin, N. Kampf, S. Giasson, “Fluidity of water and of hydrated ions confined between solid surfaces to molecularly-thin films”, J. Phys.: Cond. Matt., 16, S5437-S5448, 2004.
16. U. Raviv, D.J. Needleman, Y. Li, H.P. Miller, L. Wilson, and C.R. Safinya, “Cationic Liposome - Microtubule Complexes: Pathways to the Formation of Two State Lipid-Protein Nanotubes with Open or Closed Ends”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 102, 11167-11172, 2005.
17. D.J. Needleman, M.A. Ojeda-Lopez, U. Raviv, K. Ewert, J.B. Jones, H.P. Miller, L. Wilson, and C.R. Safinya, “Radial distortion of Microtubules by Osmotic Pressure and the Mechanism of Action of Taxol and Associated Proteins”, Biophys. J. 89, 3410-3423, 2005.
18. D. D.J. Needleman, J.B. Jones, U. Raviv, M.A. Ojeda-Lopez, H.P. Miller, Y. Li, L. Wilson, and C.R. Safinya, “Supramolecular Assembly of Biological Molecules Purified from Bovine Nerve Cells: from Microtubule Bundles and Necklaces to Neurofilament Networks”, J. Phys.: Cond. Matt., 17, S3225–S3230, 2005.
19. U. Raviv, D.J. Needleman, and C.R. Safinya, “Cationic Membranes Complexed with Oppositely Charged Microtubules: Hierarchical Self-assembly leading to Bio-Nanotubes”, J. Phys.: Cond. Matt. 18, S1271-S1279, 2006.
20. Susan Perkin, Liraz Chai, Nir Kampf, Uri Raviv, Wuge Briscoe, Iain Dunlop, Simon Titmuss, Minseok Seo, Eugenia Kumacheva, and Jacob Klein, “Forces between mica surfaces, prepared in different ways, across aqueous and non-aqueous liquids confined to molecularly-thin films”, Langmuir, 22, 6142-6152, 2006.
21. Cyrus R. Safinya, Kai Ewert, Ayesha Ahmad, Heather M. Evans, Uri Raviv, Daniel J. Needleman, Alison J. Lin, Nelle L. Slack, Cyril George, and Charles E. Samuel, “Cationic Liposome-DNA Complexes: From Liquid Crystal Science to Gene Delivery Applications”, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, 364 (1847), 2573-2596, 2006.
22. U. Raviv, T. Nguyen, R. Ghafouri, D.J. Needleman, Y. Li, H.P. Miller, L. Wilson, R.F. Bruinsma, and C.R. Safinya, “Microtubule protofilament number is modulated in a step-wise fashion by the charge density of an enveloping layer”, Biophys. J, 92, 278-287, 2007.
23. U. Raviv. D.J. Needleman, K. Ewert, and C.R. Safinya, "Hierarchical bionanotubes formed by the self assembly of microtubules with cationic membranes or polypeptides", J. Appl. Cryst., 40, S83-S87, 2007.
24. U. Raviv, S. Giasson, N. Kampf, J.F. Gohy, R. Jerome, and J. Klein, "Normal and Frictional Forces between Surfaces Bearing Polyelectrolyte Brushes", Langmuir, 24, 8678-8687, 2008
25. Choi, M. C, Raviv, U., Miller, H. P., Gaylord, M. R. Kiris, E., Ventimiglia, D. Needleman, D. J., Kim, M. W., Wilson, L., Feinstein, S. C., and Safinya, C. R., "Human Microtubule-Associated-Protein Tau Regulates the Number of Protofilaments in Microtubules: A Synchrotron X-Ray Scattering Study", Biophys. J., 97, 519-527, 2009
26. Kogan, A. Shalev, D. E., Raviv, U., Aserin, A., and Garti, N., "Formation and Characterization of Ordered Bicontinuous Microemulsions", J. Phys. Chem. B, 113, 10669-10678, 2009
27. Margulis-Goshen, K., Donio, H., Major, D.T., Gradzielski, M., Raviv, U., and Magdassi, S., "Formation of Organic Nanoparticles from Volatile Microemulsions", J. Colloid and Interface Science, 342, 283-292, 2010.
28. Szekely P., Ginsburg, A., Ben Nun, T., and Raviv, U. "Solution X-Ray Scattering Form Factors of Supramolecular Self-Assembled Structures", Lamgmuir, 26, 13110-13129, 2010.
29. T. Ben Nun, A. Ginsburg, P. Szekely, and U. Raviv. "X+ : A Comprehensive, Computationally Accelerated, Structural Analysis Tool of Solution X-ray Scattering from Supramolecular Self-Assemblies". J. Appl. Cryst., 43, 1522-1531, 2010.
30. N. Elek, R. Hoffman, U. Raviv, R. Resh, I. Ishaaya, and S. Magdassi, "Novaluron Nanoparticles: Formation and Potential use in Controlling Agricultural Insect Pests". Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 372, 66-72, 2010.
31. N. Nadler, A. Steiner, T. Dvir, O. Szekely, P. Szekely, A. Ginsburg, R. Asor, R. Resh, C. Tamburu, M. Peres, and U. Raviv, "Following the structural changes during zinc-induced crystallization of charged membranes using time-resolved solution X-ray scattering", Soft Matter, 7, 1512-1523. 2011.
32. E. Flashner, U. Raviv, and A. Friedler, "The effect of tachykinin neuropeptides on amyloid β aggregation", Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 407, 13-17. 2011.
33. C.R. Safinya, U. Raviv, D.J. Needleman, A. Zidovska, M.C. Choi, M.A. Ojeda-Lopez, K. Ewert, Y. Li, H.P. Miller, J. Quispe, B. Carragher, C.S. Potter, M.W. Kim, S.C. Feinstein, L. Wilson, "Nanoscale Assembly in Biological Systems: From Neuronal Cytoskeletal Proteins to Curvature Stabilizing Lipids", Advanced Materials, 23, 2260–2270, 2011.
34. O. Szekely, A. Steiner, P. Szekely, E. Amit, R. Asor, C. Tamburu, and U. Raviv, "The structure of ions and zwitterionic lipids regulates the charge of dipolar membranes", Langmuir, 27, 7419–7438, 2011.
35. A. Belitzky, N. Melamed-Book, A. Weiss, and U. Raviv, "The Dynamic Nature of Amyloid Beta (1-40) Aggregation", Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 13, 13809–13814, 2011.
36. Y. Abraham, C. Tamburu, E. Klein, J.W.C. Dunlopb, P. Fratzl, U. Raviv, R. Elbauma, "Tilted cellulose arrangement as a novel mechanism for hygroscopic coiling in the stork's bill awn". J. R. Soc. Interface, doi: 10.1098/rsif.2011.0395.
37. P. Szekely, T. Dvir, R. Asor, R. Resh, A. Steiner, O. Szekely, A. Ginsburg, J. Mosenkis, V. Guralnick, Y. Dan, T. Wolf, C. Tamburu, and U. Raviv, "Effect of Temperature on the Structure of Charged Membranes", J. Phys. Chem. B, 115, 14501–14506, 2011.
38. D. Zucker, A. Andrianov, A. Steiner, U. Raviv, and Y. Barenholza, "In-vitro and in-vivo Characterization of PEGylated Nanoliposomes Co-remotely Loaded with Topotecan and Vincristine", J. Controlled Release, doi: 10.1016/j.physletb.2003.10.071.
39. O. Szekely, Y. Schilt, A. Steiner, and U. Raviv. Regulating the size and stabilization of lipid raft-like domains and using calcium ions as their probe. Langmuir, 27, 14767–14775, 2011.
40. A. Steiner, P. Szekely, O. Szekely, T. Dvir, R. Asor, N. Yuval-Naeh, N. Keren, E. Kesselman, D. Danino, R. Resh, A. Ginsburg, V. Guralnik, E. Feldblum, C. Tamburu, M. Peres, and U. Raviv. Entropic attraction condenses like-charged interfaces composed of self-assembled molecules. Langmuir, 28, 2604-2613, 2012.
41. S. Kler, R. Asor, C. Li, A. Ginsburg, D. Harries, A. Oppenheim, A. Zlotnick, and U. Raviv, RNA encapsidation by SV40-derived nanoparticles follows a rapid two-state mechanism. J. Am. Chem. Soc., in press.
42. P. Szekely, R. Asor, T. Dvir, O. Szekely, and U. Raviv, 2012. Effect of temperature on the interactions between dipolar membranes. J. Chem. Phys. B, in press.
1. The Implication of 'Jump-in' for the Shear Viscosity of Ultra Thin Liquid Films. 2004. pp. 131-138 (8 pages). in 'Dynamics and friction in Submicrometer confining systems'. ACS Symposium Series, 882, Oxford University Press, Washington. U. Raviv, N. Kampf, and J. Klein. Edited by Y. Braiman, J.M. Drake, F. Family & J. Klafter.
2. U. Raviv and J. Klein. Adhesion, friction and lubrication between polymer bearing surfaces, section 2.32 Surface & Interface Characterization | Adhesion and Friction in Comprehensive Polymer Science. Elsevier Ltd. Oxford. UK. in press.
3. Polymer brushes and surface forces. 2012. in “Polymer Adhesion, Friction, and Lubrication”. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ. J. Klein, W. Briscoe, M. Chen, E. Eiser, N. Kampf, U. Raviv, R. Tadmor, L. Tsarkova. Edited by Hongbo Zeng. in press.
1. U. Raviv, T. Ben Nun, A. Ginsburg, and P. Szekely. 3816-00 US Application No. 61/531,259: "X+: a comprehensive computationally accelerated structure analysis tool for solution X-ray scattering from supramolecular self-assemblies".