The Institute of Chemistry at The Hebrew
University of Jerusalem was the first of its kind to be established in the
country when the University was founded in 1925. The moving spirit in
It was Prof. A. Fodor who in 1924
established the institute, a year before the official opening of the
Among the leading proponents of the
different research fields developed during the twenties and thirties of last
century, many famous names can be found.
The students, scientific grandchildren and great-grandchildren of these founding scholars are today the backbone of chemistry and its various branches at academic institutions and industry at large of the State of Israel.
|Home |The Institute | School of Chemistry | Events | Faculty | Staff|
|Contact Us |
Webmaster | © 2009
The Hebrew University. All Rights Reserved.
last UPDATED 20-JAN-2013