- 2013- The Supelco/Nicholas Pelick Research Awardee of the American Oil Chemists Society, April 28th Montreal, Canada
- 2012, Member of the Hall of Fame of the Hebrew University ("The Innovators Way")- Selected as one of the groundbreaking invations and innovations of researchers with an outstanding contribution that brought benefit to man (folowed by patent registration and commercialization and marketing the innvention) (total 24 scientists) of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in the last 30 years.
- 2011, Recipient of the AOCS Corporate Achievement Award for NutraLease Ltd.
- 2010, Nominated as the Ratner Family Chair of Chemistry.
- 2009, French Government Special Award for Foreign Scientist on Unique Achievements, November
- 2009, The Israel Food Industry Society Award- Lifetime Achievement Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Food in Israel. Awarded during the "Food in the New Era" conference. June 28, Airport City, Israel.
- 2009, The Chung Award of the American Oil Chemistry Society for the Lifetime Achievement in Lipid Research. The only Israeli Scientist to receive the award during the 100 years of the society. May, Orlando, FL
- 2008, The Israeli President Award - One of the 60 Most Innovative Future Technologies of Israel (Nutralease), "Facing Tomorrow" - The Israeli Presidential Conference, Jerusalem, May 13-15, (awarded in the presence of the American President - George W. Bush).
- 2007, International Food Technology (IFT) Annual Award for the Food Expo Innovation Award granted to Prof. Garti from NutraLease Ltd./Adumim Food Ingredients/P.L. Thomas for their NutraLease Nanoencapsulation Technology.
- 2007, The Tnuva Institute Award grantd to Prof. Garti for its outstanding research Activities on lyotropic liquid crystals as delivery vehicles, Tel Aviv, January.
- 2005, The Most Innovative Israeli Nanotechnology Award Winner of the CMNC Society, "Food Goes Nano- Liquid Nano Vehicles for Nutraceuticals solubilization and delivery", Chicago, USA, (July, 2005).
- 2005, 1st Prize Award on Best Oral Presentation of the 94th AOCS meeting, “Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Lecithins to Lysolecithins at Water-in-Oil Microemulsion Interfaces. Part II. Structure —Reactivity Relationship”, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, June 2005.
- 2004, Rockefeller Foundation Award, "Best Contribution to Humanity" on "Food Goes Nano", Bellagio, Italy, September, 2004.
- 2004, 1st Prize on: “Best Presentation” of the 95th AOCS meeting, “New Dispersed Mesophases of Ill-Defined Cubic Structured Microemulsions”, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, May 2004.
- 2003, The Japanese Award for the Promotion of Senior Foreign Scientists, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan, December 2003.
- 2003, The 1st Prize Kaye Award of the Hebrew University on Inventions and Innovations, “Development of Self-Assembled Nanosized Liquids (NSSL) for Solubilization of Nutraceuticals”, Jerusalem, May, 2003.
- 1999, 1st Prize Award, "Best Presentation of the 90th AOCS Annual Conference", The American Oil Chemists Society, (AOCS), Dallas. Title of the lecture: "Microemulsions as Microreactors- New Emerging Chemistry- Lysolecithins from Lecithin by Enzymatic Process", Chicago, 1999.
- 1998, 3rd place Prize, "Most Innovative Food Ingredient Award in Europe", Frankfurt, Germany, November, 1998.
- 1998, Kaye Award, "The Best Invention and Innovation of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem for the year 1997, New method to produce food emulsifiers, Jerusalem, June, 1998.
- 1997, Second Place Prize, "Most Innovative Food Ingredient Award in Europe" (FIE), London (Gibson Hall), November, 1997.
- 1997, The Japan Oil Chemical Society Forum Award for Outstanding Achievement, "Polymorphism in Fats", Nara, Japan, May, 1997.
- 1995, The All Latin American Scientific Award, "Outstanding Achievements in Baking Technology and Baking Improvers", Santiago, Chile, October, 1995.
- 1995, Kaye Award, "Best Innovation and Invention of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem", "Synthesis of SSL, Food Emulsifier, Using Emulsion Technology and Establishment of Adumim Chemicals", Jerusalem, June, 1995.
- Edible Applications Technology Division Student Excellence Award of AOCS, Ya'el Shufan (April, 2012).
- 3rd Prize Kaye Innonation Students Awords; Award granted for developing of hexagonal mesophases, Dr Dima Libster.
- 1st Prize Kaye Innovation Award for students. Award granted for developing Self-assembled nanosized Liquid (NSSL) for solubilization of nutraceuticals (June, 2004). (with Idit Yuli-Amar, Aviram Spernath)
- 'Outstanding poster' award, poster contest at the Faculty of Science's open day (June, 2004). (Idit Yuli-Amar).
- 2nd 'outstanding poster' award, at The Israeli Chapter of the Controlled Release Society, for 'Novel methods for formation of hexosomes and cubosomes from novel mesophases' (September, 2004). (Idit Yuli-Amar).
- 1st prize for best presentation of the year at the Drug Delivery Conference in 2004 (Rivka Efrat).